Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 10

Today got off to a rollicking start when we went outside for our morning break at the usual time. Since we'd been awake for about an hour already, Tika decided to try and wake up EVERYBODY in the neighbourhood so they, too, could get a jump on the day. Needless to say, it didn't go over very well, especially since the people at the Retreat were barely awake themselves.

You should have seen it though. Tika having so much fun, leaping around in the snow, barking at shadows, with me egging her on to victory - again. But just like when she tried to run away, she failed to achieve her objective. Doesn't matter. It was so much fun that I'm going to convince her to commit to a repeat performance tomorrow.

Last night we went to sleep while Jenny was still working. Actually, I'm surprised that Tika slept okay (and still sleeping by the way, in case you're wondering why I'm at the computer again). She was rather restless, walking around a lot and licking the carpet. Jenny and Leon were a bit worried, but managed to distract her with cuddles and cookies.

Basically, I think she misses you, and I have to admit, I do, too. We really like it here, and everyone is so nice to us, but it's not our place. Yes, I know what I said in my other email, but I've concluded that there's nothing sinister going on here, and I have to say that these two have completely won me over. Shocker, right? Surprised me, too! Anyway, as I've always said, there's no place like home, and it will be fun rediscovering all our usual haunts again - and for me to reclaim my place as King of the Kastle. At least until Dad comes home!

How's it going there anyway, Dad?

Okay, enough soppy chit chat. Besides, Tika is awake and trying to push me off the keyboard. Hang on, Tika! What? Yes, I told them about you this morning. Well, everyone thinks I'm the bad guy, so I wanted to set the record straight that you, too, revel in the troublemaking. I wasn't making you do it! Really?! Oh, you're asking for it. Time to rumble!!!!!!

[Dead air while both Tika and Mojo play attack games in the living room until Tika takes back the keyboard. Law and Order, anyone?]

Er, yes, about my barking. A simple matter of being a little too happy and wanting to share it with the neighbours. Unfortunately, the neighbours didn't want to share back. Although later I heard Harley barking - at a much more respectable hour - in solidarity for my early enthusiasm. Not sure if there'll be a repeat performance tomorrow. You'll have to wait and see!

So, with all that commotion a distant memory, today was a bit different. Another visitor. Nice man - Gordon, I think - who came in the afternoon to help Jenny mail some stuff out. Only stayed for a little while, and took all the stuff with him when he went.

Afternoon was lazy ... for us, at any rate. Jenny worked like mad, then we all ate, she went out, and Leon relaxed to try and shake off his cold.

Sleepy now. Later, dudes!

Tika (and Mojo)

No comments:

Post a Comment