Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 1

G’day Mum and Dad,

Well, we made it through the first day. And it sure was fun! All the new smells and noises and places to check out kept us busy for hours. After Mum left, Mojo and I ran right upstairs to see what has happening up there, and then Mojo ran right back down again. I was a little unsure of the big steps, so Jenny carried me back down. She blocked it off to keep us safe, because there’s no backing on the steps and she’s worried we’ll fall through. But that’s okay – plenty of room in the house to run and play and relax.

I eventually fell asleep for a while in my bed around 10:30 am, but Moj took up position on the top of the couch fairly early on where he kept watch for a bit. When he came back down to earth, there was no sleep for him – probably because I hogged the entire bed and he couldn't figure out where to lie down!

He told me later that he almost licked Jenny’s hand, but then headed off looking for somewhere to lay his tired, panting little head. Funny little guy!!!!!

Actually, Moj isn’t acting the way I thought he would. Whenever he goes outside, he forages through all the deep snow, leaving trails for me to follow and almost losing himself in the process. Fortunately, they have shovels to dig him out if necessary, so I guess it’s all okay.

All that trailblazing finally caught up with him and he dropped, plum tuckered out, in the space behind Jenny's desk. Sleeping like a baby!

At 2:55 pm, Mojo wagged his tail for the first time and at 5:05, he finally let Jenny pat him. Hurrah! Happy he was!

We weren't sure how or when we were going to be fed, but all of a sudden, shortly after 4:00 pm, there it was, all ready for us in the kitchen! Joy, oh joy!!!!! Both of us ate everything and as our reward, we got to go outside and play in the snow again. There is so much snow for us, and with Moj leading the way, I don't have to do any work at all to get around the yard!

The next thing we knew, Leon came home. Of course, neither of us really remembered him, but I didn't care ... much. What was more surprising is that Moj didn't seem to mind hardly at all. No barking, no growling ... and no going anywhere near him, but hey, that's okay. Anyway, it was his loss because Leon taught me how to make oven french fries. Delish!

Gotta go now. Will pick up where I left off tomorrow. Hope you are having fun, 'cause we are!

Tika

No comments:

Post a Comment